Totara Country Lodge is perfectly located for your exploration of the Far North of New Zealand. Situated high above the beautiful Whangaroa Harbour on the east coast of New Zealand, it's just one hour's drive north of the Bay of Islands and 20 minutes south of the cute little fishing village of Mangonui.
Here, gorgeous accommodation, history and character come together in a peaceful setting nestled amongst native bush in one of Northland's most scenic locations - an area steeped in history. Totara North is a vacation spot that is popular with families, nature enthusiasts and water lovers.
It's an easy day trip from The Lodge to:
- Cape Reinga - the spiritual northern most tip of New Zealand where the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean meet
- The Bay of Islands - explore by boat from Paihia or drive this stunning piece of coastline by taking the little car ferry to Russell
- Waipoua Forest on the west coast and home to New Zealand's oldest standing kauri tree,Tane Mahuta thought to be 2000 years old - stunning experience
- Play a round of golf at the world famous Kauricliff or Carrington Golf Courses
- And explore some of New Zealand's most beautiful beaches - Coopers Beach, Cable Bay, Taupo Bay, Tauranga Bay and Hihi - all just 20 minutes away